Designer upon request
We understand that there are clients out there who aren't necessarily looking for a full service design, or even a design plan for that matter. Some clients are very much in touch with their inner decorator, but find that they need some occasional guidance or a second opinion before making a major purchase for their home.
Maybe you have an ongoing project where you are acting as your own contractor and need some advice on the best materials to use, or if what you chose will even work together in the space
Our "Designer Upon Request" service is designed for individuals who need ongoing design advice on an as needed basis, and not necessarily all at once. It is for clients who need more than just a 2 hour in-home consultation, but don't need to retain us for a full service design project.
Maybe you enjoy the process of sourcing and purchasing your own furnishings, but need a designer eye to make sure they all work well together. Designer Upon Request gives you the flexibility to tap into our design knowledge and expertise.
Examples Of Ways To Use Designer Upon Request
- If you are purchasing furniture for your home and just need a second opinion from us to make sure that you are on the right track.
- If you are doing a remodeling project and need us to take a look at the plans from your architect to make sure the space is being used well.
- If you need verification that the finish materials you have chosen for your remodel work well and flow together.
- If you are acting as your own contractor and need help sourcing materials.
- If you need help sourcing fine art and antiques.
- If you need us to shop for a specific piece or design a custom piece of furniture.
- If you are getting ready to entertain guests and need an elegant and inviting table-scape to be put together.
- Holiday decor shopping and styling.
- If you are building a home and need help with your design center appointment with your builder.
- If you are building a custom home or production home and need a designer's input at pre-sheetrock walk through.
- If you are drawn to a something you saw in a design magazine and need help locating and purchasing it.
How Designer upon request Works
After purchasing the time block that is suitable for your needs, we will call you to discuss in detail and send our design questionnaire for you to complete. Your need can be immediate or for a later project, but please keep in mind that time blocks are good for up to 90 days only. Designer Upon Request time blocks can be purchased in increments of 5, 10, 15 and 20 hours.
Once we verify your purchase, we credit your account the total number of hours you purchased. Each time you request our services - anything from a text message to a shopping day, we will deduct that time from your available time. Time deductions are made in increments of 5 minutes. We will send you a report every two weeks, showing how the time is used and how much time remains on your account. You can choose to purchase another time block as needed. If after 90 days you still have unused time, they will be considered null and void. There is no refund.
- There is no consultation included with the Designer Upon Request. Therefore you are responsible for providing us with all the information and measurements needed to properly advise you on your project.
- Your service fee includes the total number of hours included with your chosen block of time, billed at our hourly rate of $197 plus $97 admin/setup fee.
- It is NOT similar to a doctor on call - we will respond to (text/IM) messages and phone calls during normal business hours (M-S 10:00am to 5:00pm) or we will return your call on the next business day.
- This is not intended to be an instant response service, so we still need to schedule time on our calendar to focus on your project - as much advanced notice as possible is required. We usually are booked out for a week to two weeks.
- We will not accept texted/IM pictures while you are out shopping. What we need is an email sent (via client portal) with either a link or picture (with dimensions) to the furniture pieces you are considering. We need this so we can research all pertinent information.
- You are aware that the Designer Upon Request service is not like our typical design service, where we work with a list of qualified vendors and trades people. We are, in most cases, simply providing our opinion based on our design expertise. We will not be responsible for any errors and omissions that occur from using this service.
- We require that our design questionnaire be thoroughly completed for this service.
- You must create an account in our client portal once we send you the invitation to join. All communications will be directed there so that we will be able to track all communications.
- Please note that our design advice ends when you have no more time remaining, even if your project is ongoing. You are welcomed to purchase another time block.
- We reserve the right to cancel the Designer Upon Request Agreement if we believe that it is not being used for its intended purpose. Your remaining balance will be returned to you.